2" x 8" Pinked Ribbon
A Template for this item can be found at:
- sublimatable substrate (ribbon)
- sublimation transfer
- teflon or scratch paper
- repositionable spray
- soft paper towel
Heat press settings:
- temperature - 390 degrees F
- dwell time - 1 - 1:30 minutes
- pressure - medium
Note: The recommended settings above may need adjustments for best results.
Settings will vary depending on the heat press brand and model ink and paper
and atmospheric conditions.
2nd Note: The layers of soft paper towel helps to distribute the pressure
evenly throughout the substrate and absorb any stray ink that does not get
transferred to the product due to an overprint or bleed edge.
3rd Note: To adhere the transfer to the substrate use repositionable spray on
the transfer instead or in addition to heat tape.
4th Note: Remove the string from the ribbon prior to sublimating
Layer the press from the bottom pad to the top heat platen as follows:
1. teflon sheet or scratch paper
2. 2-3 layers of soft paper towel
3. substrate (ribbon)
5. teflon sheet or scratch paper
1. Before placing transfer on the ribbon pre-press the blank ribbon(s) in the
heat press for 30 seconds.
2. Remove ribbon(s) from press using heat resistant gloves if necessary (items
will be hot) and let cool.
3. Spray the transfer with repositionable spray.
4. Position the substrate onto the transfer.
5. Place the transfer and substrate in the press onto the paper towel
(transfer on top of substrate).
6. Place the teflon sheet or scratch paper over the substrate and transfer.
7. Press the items using the settings listed above.
8. Remove the transfer from the substrate and items from the press
immediately. Use heat resistant gloves if necessary - the items will be very
- If the image of the final product appears light increase the pressure or
the dwell time slightly (10-20 seconds).
- If the image on the final product appears blurred or substrate appears
yellowed reduce the dwell time slightly (10-20 seconds).