Home Plate Plaque
10" x 10" Sublimatable Large Home Plate Plaque with Black Edge
A Template for this item can be found at:
- sublimatable substrate
- sublimation transfer
- teflon or scratch paper
- lighter fluid
- repostionable adhesive spray
- soft paper towel (optional)
Heat press settings:
- temperature - 400 degrees F
- dwell time - 80-90 seconds
- pressure - medium
Note: The recommended settings above may need adjustments for best results.
Settings will vary depending on the heat press brand and model ink and paper
and atmospheric conditions.
2nd Note: The layers of soft paper towel achieve two goals: 1. it helps to
distribute the pressure evenly throughout the substrate; 2. it helps to trap
ink that is dispersed outside of the edges of the substrate if there is an
overprint area or full bleed in the artwork.
3rd Note: Clam-shell presses are not recommended for use with thick items such
as the plaques. A swing-away press is recommended.
Layer the press from the bottom pad to the top heat platen as follows:
1. teflon sheet or scratch paper
2. 2-3 layers of soft paper towel
3. plaque facing up with transfer facing down on plaque
4. teflon sheet or scratch paper
1. Remove the protective plastic coating if any from the substrate
2. Use soft paper towel with lighter fluid on it and then wipe face and edges
of front of plaque to remove any excess foil residue
3. Lightly spray transfer with repositionable adhesive spray
4. Adhere transfer to plaque
5. Place the transfer and substrate in the press onto the paper towel
(transfer on top of substrate).
5. Place the teflon sheet or scratch paper over the transfer.
6. Press the items using the settings listed above.
7. Remove items from the press immediately. Use heat resistant gloves if
necessary - the items will be very hot.
8. Remove transfer from plaque
9. Once cool use soft paper towel with lighter fluid to remove excess spray
adhesive from plaque
- If the image of the final product appears light increase the pressure or
the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- If the image on the final product appears blurred or substrate appears
yellowed reduce the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
Buy 5 - 100 and get 15% off