9" x 12.5" Unisub Sublimatable Flat Clipboard
A template for this item can be found at:
- sublimatable substrate (clipboard)
- sublimation transfer
- teflon or scratch paper
- heat tape or re-positional spray (spray recommended)
- soft paper towel (optional but recommended)
Heat press settings:
- temperature - 400
- dwell time - 60-75 seconds
- pressure - medium
Note: The recommended settings above may need adjustments for best results.
Settings will vary depending on the heat press brand and model ink and paper
and atmospheric conditions.
2nd Note: The layers of soft paper towel achieve two goals: 1. it helps to
distribute the pressure evenly throughout the substrate; 2. it helps to trap
ink that is dispersed outside of the edges of the substrate if there is an
overprint area or full bleed in the artwork.
3rd Note: Moisture can be trapped in the wood so it is important to preheat
the board before sublimated in order to avoid the coating bubbling during
4th Note: Sublimate the board before attaching the clip. After sublimating
use the instructions included to attach the clip to the board.
5th Note: If you are sublimating both sides of the clipboard sublimate one
side at a time allowing the sustrate to cool inbetween pressings and making
sure to use a clean sheet of paper each time to protect the backside of the
Layer the press from the bottom pad to the top heat platen as follows:
1. teflon sheet or scratch paper
2. 2-3 layers of soft paper towel (this helps distribute the pressure evenly)
3. clean piece of scratch paper
6. teflon sheet or scratch paper
1. Remove the protective plastic coating from the substrate.
2. Place the board under the heat of the press for 60 seconds do not bring
the platen down.
3. If using repositionable spray spray the transfer and position the the
substrate onto the transfer.
4. If using heat tape position the clipboard onto the transfer and tape two
ends of the clipboard to the transfer.
5. Place the items onto the scatch paper - substrate face up transfer on
6. Place the teflon sheet or scratch paper over the transfer and metal.
7. Press the items using the settings listed above.
8. Remove items from the press immediately. Use heat resistant gloves if
necessary - the items will be very hot.
9. If using heat tape tear the transfer in half opposite of the taped ends.
If using re-positionable spray roll the transfer from the substrate.
- If the image of the final product appears light increase the pressure or
the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- If the image on the final product appears blurred or product is bubbled
reduce the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- Because this is a double-sided product use clean pieces of scratch paper
under the product to avoid getting and residual ink from previous pressings
onto the product.
Buy 5 - 1000 and get 15% off