A Template for this product can be found at:
BADGES, TAGS AND KEYCHAIN SUBLIMATION
- sublimatable substrate
- sublimation transfer
- teflon or scratch paper
- heat tape
- soft paper towel (recommended)
Heat press settings:
- temperature - 400 degrees F
- dwell time - 65 seconds
- pressure - medium
Note: The recommended settings above may need adjustments for best
results. Settings will vary depending on the heat press brand and
model ink and paper and atmospheric conditions.
2nd Note: The layers of soft paper towel achieve two goals: 1. it
helps to distribute the pressure evenly throughout the substrate;
2. it helps to trap ink that is dispersed outside of the edges of
the substrate if there is an overprint area or full bleed in the
Layer the press from the bottom pad to the top heat platen as
1. teflon sheet or scratch paper
2. 2-3 layers of soft paper towel
5. teflon sheet or scratch paper
1. Remove the protective plastic coating if any from the
2. Align the substrate onto the transfer.
3. Tape two ends of the substrate to the transfer using the heat
4. Place the transfer and substrate in the press onto the paper
towel (transfer on top of substrate).
5. Place the teflon sheet or scratch paper over the transfer and
6. Press the items using the settings listed above.
7. Remove items from the press immediately. Use heat resistant
gloves if necessary - the items will be very hot.
8. Tear the transfer in half opposite the taped ends.
- If the image of the final product appears light increase the
pressure or the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- If the image on the final product appears blurred or substrate
appears yellowed reduce the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- When sublimating a double-sided substrate sublimate one side
allow to cool and then sublimate the other side. Use a fresh
teflon or scratch paper under the substrate to eliminate any
degassing of the first image onto the press or teflon.