2.86"x3.96" Double Sided Ornament
A Template for this item can be found at:
HARDBOARD ORNAMENT SUBLIMATION
- sublimatable substrate
- sublimation transfer
- teflon or scratch paper
- heat tape
- soft paper towel (optional)
Heat press settings:
- temperature - 400 degrees F
- dwell time - 65 seconds
- pressure - Medium
Note: The recommended settings above may need adjustments for best results.
Settings will vary depending on the heat press brand and model ink and paper
and atmospheric conditions.
2nd Note: The layers of soft paper towel achieve two goals: 1. it helps to
distribute the pressure evenly throughout the substrate; 2. it helps to trap
ink that is dispersed outside of the edges of the substrate if there is
anoverpint area or full bleed in the artwork.
Layer the press from the bottom pad to the top heat platen as follows:
1. teflon sheet or scratch paper
2. 2-3 layers of soft paper towel
3. ornament facing up with transfer facing down on tile
4. teflon sheet or scratch paper
1. Remove the protective plastic coating if any from the substrate
2. Use a lint-free towel to remove any loose debris from the substrate if
3. Adhere transfer to ornament using heat tape
4. Place the transfer and substrate in the press onto the paper towel
(transfer on top of substrate).
5. Place the teflon sheet or scratch paper over the transfer.
6. Press the items using the settings listed above.
7. Remove items from the press immediately. Use heat resistant gloves if
necessary - the items will be very hot.
8. Remove transfer from ornament
- If the image of the final product appears light increase the pressure or
the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- If the image on the final product appears blurred or substrate appears
yellowed reduce the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
Buy 5 - 100 and get 15% off